March 2, 2006

Pah's Harlequin Hat


Harlequin \Har"le*quin\, n. i. To play the droll; to make sport by playing ludicrous tricks.

Need I say more?

The hat is from a free pattern at Elann.com. The yarn is Elann's Sock It to Me Collection; Harlequin in Blue Jeans and Blue Stonewash. I was looking for a double-knit hat pattern and found this. Pah found it at the same time and decided he needed a hat like that. The hat's not really double knit. You use a provisional cast-on and knit the "first" hat with one skein. Then pick up the live stitches and knit the "second" hat with the second skein. When all is said and done you fold one inside the other and off you go, out into the snow. A warm, reversible hat -- really very simple to make. I'm not impressed with the Sock It to Me yarns and I'm envisioning this hat done in Opal -- one of the patterning yarns and a complimentary solid. Hhmmm, I may have to go shopping...

No comments: