March 20, 2006

We're back!

We're back from our annual spring break trip to lovely Fairfield Township, PA. And I do mean lovely! We enjoyed blue skies, March winds, and spring-like temps for the whole ten days -- only to return to upstate NY and winter! I was happy to see our crocus coming up, only to find them covered in snow the first morning we were home!

I acquired a new skill on break -- knitting with beads. Mom and I chose for our annual mother/daughter knit along the Gladd Ragg socks from the six_sox_knitalong (check out Yahoo groups if you're interested!). I'll post picks later! I had fun, anyway. ;-) Ya' maybe don't want to ask Mom about it -- but her socks are beautiful! I also completed a neck-down raglan pullover for me... Three times. You know you've advanced as a knitter when you bind off, try it on, rip out, reknit, bind off, try it on, rip out, reknit... And my last project while in PA was the Doubleknitski for Mark. I just finished that one this morning -- he'll need it 'cause it's only 26 outside and it's not that warm inside!

And now we're back to school (Nine weeks left in the school year, and then we'll have a bit of a break and on to year 2. Where does the time go???), laundry, cleaning... Mark was an absolute sweetheart and cleaned house while I was gone AND baked cookies for us, so my load is light this week! Life is good!

No comments: