April 17, 2006

OTN (On the Needles)



I received this pattern as a Christmas gift from Mark and I've been waiting for the right time to start knitting. I decided to start the pattern now -- the yarn is a lovely spring colorway and I haven't anything else to work on as I'm waiting for yarn to arrive for the next sock for the Six_Sox_Knitalong. This is the Diamond Patch Socks pattern from Heartland Knits. I'm using Koigu KPPPM P314L. I love the colorway, but I'm thinking already of picking something else for another pair of socks. I think something with greater contrast would show off the diamonds nicely. These socks will be a bit thick (the diamonds have ridges of stockinette/garter stitches), and slightly loose -- just about right for my sandals on a cool day. :) The pattern is easy to remember and the placement of the diamonds isn't too difficult. Can't wait to finish the first one!
I just realized, after posting this, that I put the sock on upside down! Well, I suppose the finished pic will be right side up. ;-)

No comments: