April 12, 2006

Surprise! Beautiful Lake Ontario



These socks have been on the needles for over a year. I can't believe I finally finished them! I wouldn't say they were especially difficult; but they do require concentration and my mind is usually on everything else! The pattern is from the Day Trips collection by Needle Beetle. Check out the pic of the toes. Left toe: knit before class with Lucy Neatby (Knitter's Day Out, Camp Hill, PA, 2005). Right toe: knit after learning the error of my ways. :) Always keep the same yarn in the same hand! Thank you Lucy Neatby! Anyway, I'm glad these are finally off my needles and on my feet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those make me feel like I am sailing on the lake. Very unique and for sure one of a kind to keep your tootsies warm in the cold winter months ahead of us.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love! Being a Lake Ontarioian (???) in Sodus Point on Sodus Bay NY I need this pattern too! More info please, please, please. sailingtruenorth at g mail dot com

you did a great job!!