February 19, 2006

Opalympics Event #2: Rodeo 1153


Blast those self-patterning yarns! Who -- tell me who! -- decided to tie the end of a green patterning yarn with a solid salmon yarn -- running in the opposite direction????? Don't these people understand there's a person trying to knit a sock at the end of this process??? Take a look at the pic. The socks are great -- a premature start on the second sock, pictured on the left here (but I tried to make them the same!). Then, almost to the bottom of the second sock -- what's that? Did I suddenly turn and knit back up the yarn? No -- a blasted knot and a tie in that didn't tie in at all. Now, I may have the patience to pull out a yarn until I get to the right place in the color pattern, but I'm not about to unwind and rewind the rest of the skein so the colors will run the same way. Arrggghhh.... Do I really want to go on to Rodeo 1150???

No comments: